Knowledge. Experience. Results.
- Administrative and Regulatory Compliance
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Litigation and Transactions
- Employment Litigation and Law
- Healthcare Litigation and Regulation
- Professional Licensure Defense
- Real Estate Litigation and Transactions
Upon graduation from law school, and subsequent admission to the Kentucky Bar, Mr. Strause accepted a two year clerkship to Judge Joseph M. Hood, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky. After completion of the clerkship, he became associated with a large law firm in Louisville, Kentucky, focusing on civil litigation with an emphasis in business, healthcare, and employment law. In the fall of 1994, Mr. Strause was appointed to Principal Assistant to the Commissioner in the Kentucky Department of Medicaid Services. His responsibilities included reviewing and drafting regulations; analyzing provider rate reimbursement; provider audits; and fraudulent and abuse issues. In 1995, Mr. Strause organized and administered the Administrative Hearings Branch, Cabinet for Health (n/k/a Cabinet for Health and Family Services) serving as the Cabinet’s Chief Administrative Law Judge. Mr. Strause conducted and decided matters which included: Medicaid provider appeals; health facility licensure; Certificate of Need; and public health appeals including WIC. He re-entered private practice in the summer of 1999. In the summer of 2011, Mr. Strause organized Strause Law Group, PLLC a boutique law firm with niche practice areas such as Administrative and Regulatory Compliance; Business; Employment; Real Estate; Professional licensure; and Healthcare law. He has been retained to advise and advocate for clients within the Commonwealth and the surrounding region, as well as across the country.
In addition to Mr. Strause’s private practice, he has served for twenty years as a securities arbitrator, initially for the NASD then FINRA upon its formation. Likewise, he is an arbitration panel member for the Greater Louisville Association of Realtors (GLAR). Mr. Strause serves as mediator for securities, real estate, and other matters when requested.
Between 2010-2013, Mr. Strause ran six marathons with an average top ten slowest finish time in his age group. Aside from receiving “participation medals,” he enjoys watching his sons in their sporting endeavors and spending time with his wife. He is looking forward to the day when the boys have left the house and he can travel with his wife.
He has served on the Board of Directors for the Louisville Tennis Association, the Kentuckiana Children’s Center, and the Community Preschool/Saint Matthew’s.
- Northwestern University, School of Professional Studies, Chicago, Illinois
- Mediation Skills Training (Mediation Certificate)
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1988
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: Economics
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association (2016 KY Bar Annual Convention Planning Committee and 2016 CLE Planning Committee)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Louisville Independent Business Alliance
- Kentucky Grocers and Convenience Store Association (Board of Directors)
- Business Networking International (2017-18 Premier Chapter, Vice President)